'Elena Maria Barbara' - Topsail Schooner Vessel
Replica of an 18th century armed topsail schooner
The Vessel is a Russian built replica of an 18th Century Baltic 29 metre topsail schooner which is in an unfinished state, being 80% through a major restoration project. She was originally made from soft wood material and has been rebuilt with hard wood by specialist craftsmen, making her only one of her kind.
ELENA has been built to a design by naval architect Andrey Ahkmeton, she is based on a set of lines drawn up by Fredrik Af Chapman and taken from his monumental work ‘Architectura Navalis Mercatoria’ published in 1768.
She is the last of five 18th century stylised vessels which formed a part of ‘Peter the Great’s Navy’, a fleet built specifically for the city of St Petersburg’s tri-centennial celebrations in 2003.
• There are various works to be completed by the purchaser before she is seaworthy but is now in a position to be uniquely finished to the purchaser’s requirements.
• Built: June 1995, Petrosavodsk, Lake Onega, Russia
• Length Overall: 29.4m
• Length on Deck: 17.6m
• Length of Waterline: 16m
• Beam: 4.65m
• Height: 2.65m
• Depth of Hold: 2.3m
• Draft: 2.25m
• Sail Area: 234SqM in 8 sails
• Height of Mainmast: 18m (above deck)
• Engine: Volvo Penta TAMD 41HD 145 hp
• Fuel: 1,500 L
• Water: 1,700L
• Crew: 3 or 4
• Accommodation: Masters Suite
• Double Cabins x 2: 4 Crew Berths